Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace may be the worst of the six Star Wars movies (for a number of reasons we will not get into here), but the soundtrack is one of the best of the six. Duel of the Fates is one of the best songs written by John Williams for any of the six films.
A tiny imprint named I Am Shark has licensed the soundtrack for re-release on vinyl. They are featuring four special editions of 2000 each, as well as a normal black release for retail not limited to 2000:
- 2000 – Hyperdrive (Black w/ White Splatter)
- 2000 – Darth Maul (Black w/ Red/Gold stripe)
- 2000 – Qui-Gon Jinn (Green / Brown Marble)
- 2000 – Obi-Wan Kenobi (Blue)
- Black / 180 Gram Versions will be constantly kept in stock and distributed to retail stores as well.
They will be doing limited edition releases of all three Star Wars prequels. I ordered the Obi-Wan blue.
You can pre-order here and the album will be released on March 4th.