A few links to wrap up your week:
- Minneapolis legend Bob Mould stopped by 89.3 The Current at the UBS Forum this week and read from his new autobiography, See a Little Light, and performed a few songs which you can listen to at The Current . NPR reviews his new book as well.
- The Foo Fighters latest album, Wasting Light, is on sale today for only $3.99 . Fantastic album, recorded on analog tape, and produced by Butch Vig who produced Nirvana’s Nevermind and he’s alo the founder of Garbage. (Bob Mould guests on Dear Rosemary).
- Rock The Garden is tomorrow featuring Booker T., Tapes and Tapes, Neko Case and My Morning Jacket. The Current will be airing and streaming the concert live for the first time and has posted set times. The Star Tribune looks back at past Rock The Garden concerts .
- The Needle Doctor , the best store in the world featuring turntables, needles and all the other hardware you need, is offering 10% off this weekend using the promo code FATHERSDAY.
- I’m heading out to the Rock and Roll Record Sale tonight – they’ve been t weeting up a storm with what’s available and I’m hoping to score some New Order , Siousixe and the Banshees and Talking Heads . I have no idea what prices are though, it will be interesting to see what’s available in the garage.